It's a proven fact that quitting smoking has not been a very pleasing journey both mentally and physically for any human being irrespective of age and gender. Once you are addicted, there is a high risk of consuming more than 10 cigarettes per day which is extremely unfavorable. But do you know exactly which ingredient causes this sense of cravings or addiction?
Cigarettes are made of multiple substances like tobacco, humectants, chemicals, preservatives etc but the primary element that is responsible for addiction is nicotine.
Therefore, Herbal cigarettes, a healthy and sustainable alternative with no presence of nicotine, stepped in to help people cure this addiction.
Let us understand how one can overcome this addiction and all the issues or diseases caused by the consumption of traditional cigarettes.
The Challenge of Cigarette Cravings
People face many different challenges to overcome when attempting to quit smoking, and comprehending these difficulties is essential for creating solutions. The following are typical obstacles people have when trying to stop smoking, with an emphasis on the psychological as well as the physical components of cravings for cigarettes:
- Irritability and Mood Swings: The human body as well as brain finds it difficult to process in the absence of nicotine once you are addicted to it. A sense of frustration, irritability and mood swings have been noticed.
- Increased Appetite and Weight Gain: Nicotine has appetite-suppressant effects, and quitting smoking can lead to increased appetite. This comes with a high risk of gaining weight for some individuals
- Stress and Coping Mechanisms: To relieve stress, smoking is one of the most opted methods by people. Once you are addicted to nicotine, it becomes difficult to ask your brain to process in the absence of nicotine.
Role of Nicotine in Cigarette Addiction
Nicotine plays a major role in cigarette addiction due to its highly addictive nature and its impact on the brain's reward system. Following are some key aspects of nicotine:
- Addictive Nature: While consuming a cigarette, nicotine is instantly absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs and reaches the brain. This quick delivery contributes to the addictive potential of nicotine. Moreover, Nicotine controls the release of neurotransmitters, specifically dopamine, in the brain's reward pathways which has the ability to provide a sense of pleasure to a human brain.
- Psychological Effect: Nicotine is believed to reinforce a pleasurable and refreshing effect after consuming cigarettes which is often associated with the risk of addiction.
- Dependance: Once you start consuming it on a regular basis, the tolerance level expands which results in increased consumption of cigarettes to meet the satisfaction level. Human body refuses to process in the absence of nicotine after addiction.
The Trost Solution: Hemp Herbal Cigarettes
Herbal cigarettes are made with hemp as a primary ingredient with many other natural elements which makes herbal cigarettes a healthier alternative against traditional cigarettes.
- Nicotine free: herbal cigarettes do not contain substances like nicotine and tobacco which is one of the most important distinctions against the traditional cigarettes. Tobacco is associated with several health and skin risks such as cancer.
- Stress relief: Herbal cigarettes contain CBD, which has the ability to calm your mind and body. CBD enters the body and interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for regulating stress, mood etc.
- Environmental friendly: When compared to the non-biodegradable components frequently found in ordinary cigarettes, hemp herbal cigarettes use biodegradable materials for packaging and filters, helping to promote environmental sustainability.
Tips to Overcome Cigarette Cravings
- Mindful eating - Try to eat slowly and feel every single flavor and pay attention to the sensations of the food. This will help you satisfy your cravings while helping your mind process some different flavors.
- Observe your thoughts - Acknowledge your thoughts whenever your mind signals you to consume cigarettes. Try to keep a note of the time span and the amount of time you could resist the craving. This will help you to slowly reduce the daily consumption of cigarettes.
- Chewing Gum or Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT): Try nicotine replacement therapy, which involves eating a chewing gum whenever you sense the urge of craving. This will keep your mouth and mind busy which results in a desired satisfaction level and peace of mind
- Physical Activities: Indulge yourself into different activities that keeps you physically active and distracts your mind from inculcating the urge to consume cigarettes. Keeping yourself busy will eventually result in lesser consumption on a regular basis.
Hemp Products and Stress Relief
- Stress reduction - It is noticed that people who are on a journey of quitting smoking are comparably more stressed due to less presence of nicotine in the body. It is an advised way to opt for herbal cigarettes to balance the urge.
Herbal cigarettes are made with elements like chamomile, damiana, verbena, lavender which are believed to provide a calming and soothing effect.
Setting Realistic Goals
Quitting smoking is arguably not an easy task, it could be time consuming and sometimes even mentally draining. But once step by step, you achieve and overcome this addiction, there is nothing better than that. It is important to not pressure yourself and take your time to complete this journey. Following are some steps you should follow:
- Boosting Morale: Recognizing achievements, no matter how small, boosts morale and inculcates a positive mindset which is essential for maintaining more focus.
- Identifying Triggers: acknowledging smoking triggers is a crucial component of this process. Setting a goal to identify and manage specific triggers is a practical step toward lasting change.
With the growing awareness of the widespread health hazards linked to smoking, giving up is a progressive decision that supports worldwide health campaigns. In addition, people who decide to give up smoke provide a positive example for others and support the creation of smoke-free settings and a stronger, healthier community.
The choice to give up smoking is essentially a life-changing experience that is characterized by resilience, personal development, and a renewed appreciation for the priceless gift of health. It is an investment in a longer, livelier life—one that is unrestricted by a tobacco addiction, enabling people to welcome a future full of energy, wellbeing, and the seemingly endless opportunities of a smoke-free living.