During the menstrual cycle, women go through a very usual and disturbing phenomenon known as menstrual pain. The amount of pain may vary from person to person as some may feel only mild pain but others may experience strong cramps in body parts such as stomach, legs, back etc. The contraction of the uterine muscles during the body's shedding of the uterine lining is usually the cause of these cramps. While these cramps are usually physical, they do bring out an effect on mental health and reduce the productivity of daily work.
What are period cramps?
Period cramps or dysmenorrhea, is a common phrase used to describe the physical discomfort or pain that occurs during the menstrual cycle. This pain is believed to be felt since the urine muscle contracts as at that time the human body sheds the uterine line. Tightening of the uterus is primarily caused by hormonal shifts, especially increased prostaglandin production.
Following are some natural ways through which any individual can suppress this pain:
- Hot water bags: It is a common practice to use hot water bags in order to cure the pain as the heat eliminates the sensation of discomfort. This method helps the uterine muscles relax which reduces the pain
- Exercise: Physical activities that involve your entire body movement like swimming or jogging should be done on a regular basis in order to cut out the discomfort sensation.
- Herbal Consumption: Try to consume as many herbal products as possible since the intake of herbal products helps the body fight against the pain causing elements.
What is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is an element which is found in cannabis plants which is well known for its anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties. The CBD after entering the human body interacts with the endocannabinoid system which majorly has two receptors, CB1 & CB2 which are responsible for pain relieving in the nervous system.
- Neuropathic Pain: CBD is useful in treating neuropathic pain, which is linked to diseases like multiple sclerosis and specific kinds of nerve injury.
- Stress and Anxiety Elimination: Psychological factors affect how people perceive pain, and CBD has anxiolytic (or anxiety-reducing) effects. CBD may obliquely aid in pain relief by lowering tension and anxiety.
- Non-Psychoactive Characteristics: In contrast to THC, CBD does not result in the psychotropic effects that are frequently connected to cannabis. Because of this, CBD may be a desirable choice for people looking to relieve their pain without getting wasted.
How CBD Oil Works for Menstrual Cramps
One of the most reliable elements when it comes to herbal products for pain reduction is arguably CBD which is flooded which benefits.
CBD interacts with the cannabinoid system as soon as it enters the human body. The body's intricate cell-signaling system, known as the ECS, is involved in controlling a number of physiological functions, such as mood, inflammation, and pain perception.
Menstrual pain is directly related to inflammation and prostaglandins which activates the contraction between uterine muscles, CBD here serves anti-inflammatory properties and helps in curing the menstrual cramps
CBD oil is one of the most common ways through which you can consume CBD on a regular basis easily. Consuming just 2-3 drops of CBD oil before sleeping makes a huge difference in eliminating the amount of pain.
CBD oils are rich in omega 3 fatty acid which provides the body with the ability to fight in such situations.
Trost provides more than 3 amazing flavors of CBD oils which are made with authentic plant leaves that can help you ease the discomfort.
Choosing right CBD Products for Menstrual Cramps
Once you look up for products in the market you will realize the market is bursting with herbal products that could help an individual in curing the menstrual cramps, but do you think every single product can be reliable when it comes to such a crucial decision?
We are here to help you in this situation, following are some key points that you should keep in mind to ensure the right quality and authenticity of the product:
- CBD Concentration: Try to find out the CBD quantity on the product label, which is typically expressed in milligrams (mg). It is advisable to start with a lower dose and gradually increase until you find the optimal level for you, higher concentrations might be more appropriate for managing menstrual pain.
- Ingredients: Look for any possible additives or allergies on the ingredients list. Certain CBD products might also include herbs or essential oils, which could enhance the effects of the CBD.
- Third-Party Testing: While buying, find out the products that haven been tested by any third party, this test clarifies if the CBD quantity mentioned in the label is accurate or not. It also tells the user if the product is free from elements like metal or pesticides which are harmful for human consumption.
Traditional Solutions vs. CBD Oil
Traditional ways such as taking medicines in order to reduce the menstrual pain has been one of the most common ways but activities like these come up with many side effects such as hormonal side effects and mental side effects which could both physically and mentally drain an individual.
On the other hand CBD is specifically known for its anti-inflammatory properties, stress relieving, and pain relieving properties that brings in a higher amount of possibility for the curing of pain caused by periods.
Use just 2-3 drops of CBD oil before sleeping regularly and you will wake up realizing the reduction in discomfort and pain.
Potential Side Effects and Precautions
Despite of being such a good product, there are certain side effects as well as precautions that needs to be taken care of while consumption
- Dosage: Every human body is different and hence the quantity intake should be taken into consideration. Try starting from a lower level and then keep adding up until you don't see any problem there.
- Quality: Focus on the quality of the product, it tells a lot about the authenticity of the herbs used. The better the quality, faster the results and lesser the side effects
Overall, CBD oil has many different advantages, including anti-inflammatory and analgesic qualities, stress relieving qualities etc, making it a promising and all-natural treatment for menstrual cramps. CBD is a naturally occurring substance obtained from the cannabis plant and hence can be trusted when it comes to health risks. It is advised to Consult with medical professionals and use caution when attempting this natural remedy to seek any sort of relief from menstrual cramps. By taking this action, you may be able to manage menstrual discomfort in a way that is unique to you, which will help you maintain a balanced and comfortable state of well-being during difficult times.